We are absolutely delighted to receive some funding from the National Lottery Awards for All to run a limited number of FREE Immersive Story Therapy Blocks, as of August 2022. (Please note, a block = 5 daily sessions)
What is Immersive Story Therapy?
Stories hold magic for children as well as for adults. Their symbolic language can convey meaning more powerfully than thought out by rational discussion or explanation.
At CPotential we deliver Immersive Story Therapy with a multisensory approach. By using words, sounds, movement, art and cooking, we create the opportunity for children to express their internal world through story metaphors, characters and plots, and to express their feelings, worries, happiness and joy.
Stories provide a way for a child to explore who they are and what they feel, and by immersing themselves in a story – everyone is the creator.
Immersive Story Therapy at CPotential is delivered by highly experienced Dasha Conolly, SENCO and Conductive Educator Assistant.
Benefits of Immersive Story Therapy
Enables the child to express their emotions and thoughts in a safe environment
- Further develops language and communication skills
- Helps to formulate thoughts and identify feelings through the character in the story
- Improves confidence
- Parents/carers benefit from connecting with other parents in the group environment and can share their common parenting experiences.
Immersive story therapy is not designed to be analysed and interpreted, it is to enable children (and adults) to express and note their feelings, resulting in a therapeutic effect.
Who is Immersive Story Therapy suitable for?
All aged children, and adults too.
The programme is suitable for children who may be struggling with their emotions, confidence, abilities to make friends, or express their needs in a positive way and feel accepted.
Children often struggle with their life stories which may be painful or complicated. Stories can lend them language (verbal or non-verbal) to express their worries, and anxieties but also joy and happiness – and knowing the difference between the different emotions.
What happens in an Immersive Story Therapy session?
During August, Immersive Story Therapy will be delivered in a small group format as a block of 5 x 1 hour daily sessions. (Please note that to receive the sessions for free, the full block of 5 sessions will need to be booked).
During each session, there will be a specific theme and function. Parent carers and children are equal participants in the whole programme and will not be supporting their own child through the process.
The program will consist of the following:
- A story will be experienced through words, sounds movement and practical activities
- The group will be split into 2 groups; each group creating its own story
- The story will be finalised and performed/recorded/written – depending on what the group decides
- Children and adults will be split into separate groups for half of the session and brought back for the second part when the parent/carer will be invited to create a memory journal with their child.
When are the upcoming dates for Immersive Story Therapy?
- 8th August to 12th August
- 15th August to 19th August
How do I book Immersive Story Therapy?
Please complete our form below and we’ll be in touch soon.