We offer group sessions in a safe and supportive environment for parents of children with physical needs, engaging your child to achieve skills in the following important areas:
- Self-care (toileting, dressing, feeding)
Who are the sessions suitable for?
- Children aged 2 ½ – 5 years old
- Children with a primary movement disorder due to conditions such as cerebral palsy, acquired brain injury or global development delay.
What happens during a session?
Our 3 hour morning group sessions are held with a maximum of up to 4 children, with 1 parent accompanying each child.
Led by a Team Leader and a Conductor, these fun and interactive sessions consist of:
- Orientation circle – greeting, who is here, weather, what is happening today
- Active transfers to different areas within the room
- Toileting and self-care
- Physical Conductive Education activity – group or individual
- Snack time
- Play session – make and do, sensory stories
- Goodbye session
When are the sessions?
Tuesday to Friday – 9am to 12pm term-time only
How much is a session?
£50 per child – to be booked as a full term in advance
How do I book a session?
To book a Learning for Living session, we ask that you bring your child to the Centre for an informal assessment first. Get in touch with us to arrange an assessment.