Learning for Living
We offer group sessions in a safe and supportive environment for parents of children with physical needs, engaging your child to achieve skills in the following important areas:
- Self-care (toileting, dressing, feeding)
Who are the sessions suitable for?
- Children aged 2 ½ – 5 years old
- Children with a primary movement disorder due to conditions such as cerebral palsy, acquired brain injury or global development delay.
What happens during a session?
Our 3 hour morning group sessions are held with a maximum of up to 4 children, with 1 parent accompanying each child.
Led by a Team Leader and a Conductor, these fun and interactive sessions consist of:
- Orientation circle – greeting, who is here, weather, what is happening today
- Active transfers to different areas within the room
- Toileting and self-care
- Physical Conductive Education activity – group or individual
- Snack time
- Play session – make and do, sensory stories
- Goodbye session
When are the sessions?
Tuesday to Friday – 9am to 12pm term-time only
How much is a session?
£50 per child – to be booked as a full term in advance
How do I book a session?
To book a Learning for Living session, we ask that you bring your child to the Centre for an informal assessment first. Get in touch with us to arrange an assessment.
Share the knowledge