We are delighted to be partnering with May, who runs SENCo-Services, to offer a new Educational Advice Service to families. May brings over 15 years of specialist experience to the team, having previously practised in a variety of educational settings supporting both SENCos, Senior Leaders and Parents.
May’s skill set allows her to support families in the following areas:
- Navigating the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice.
- EHCPs: applications, timelines, and the review process.
- Reasonable adjustments and the application of the Equalities Act in Educational settings.
- Advice and support in understanding Educational Testing and reports.
- Support in accessing the right Educational Assessments.
- Support interpreting EHCPs and meeting the needs of the pupil.
- The provision provided by schools, including, one-page profiles, IEPs, interventions etc.
- Exam Access Arrangements within Primary and Secondary educational settings.
- Supporting the Application process for Disability Living Allowance, as well as evidencing the requirements from education providers.
May’s previous roles include:
- Directing and overseeing the implementation of wrap-around care and the management of school budgets within local government.
- Designing and delivering resettlement programs within young offender institutions.
- Teaching GCSE and A-level Psychology.
- Working as a GCSE and A-level examiner.
- Teaching SEN and holding the position of Special Educational Needs Co-coordinator within a large high school.
During a 30-minute consultation call with May, you will be able to discuss any educational advice needs and determine the next steps. The 30-minute consultation is £25.
Please get in touch with May directly by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 07811 143 355